Monday, December 23, 2013

OD&D Reprints

Hozzah!  Christmas came early today!  My copy of the OD&D reprint wood box set arrived.  WoTC hit a home run in my opinion, this is a sweet bit of gaming gear.  Flipping through the books I was pleasantly surprised - covers have heavy stock paper and their new exterior artwork isn't harsh as it seemed from some of the preview pics on the web.

Inside, a full set of dice sit in a foam rubber cradle.  The box has red velvet lining AND there's even a ribbon to help with lifting the books from their close fitting home.  Such opulence!  However, I did notice a slight discrepancy from the picture of contents on the WoTC site.  Their set showed opaque red dice, my dice are clear-red with sparkles.  Mmmm...Sparkles.


I purchased this set through Barnes & Noble and it qualified for free shipping, a nice bonus.  Procrastinators take note - I just checked B&N website and the price has already gone up $20 dollars more than what I paid.  You snooze, you lose.

1 comment: